Saturday, May 2, 2015

OneNote



I'll be honest -- I *love* One Note!  Perhaps I need to disclose that I have a close family member who works for Microsoft... and is actually the reason I use OneNote.  Over winter break this past year, my brother was commenting on his budgeting method, which uses a synced OneNote notebook shared between him and his fiance, with spreadsheets and other information pasted in, then a new section started for every new month.

Before I'd ever even opened a copy of the program, I was hooked.  I used OneNote extensively during the Analysis class to take notes, and I have been using it to get my curriculum notes organized as I've been working on redoing the strings curriculum.  Students at our school don't have access to OneDrive, which limits the functionality of the sharing functions, but I love OneNote for my own use.  I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can use OneNote to set up my lesson plans in a way that makes sense for me but fits the template that we have to use when uploading them to the district CMS.  So far, no dice, but I have a feeling over the summer I'll be spending more time with it.

One thing that I do plan on using OneNote for in the future is as a practice journal / forum once I have serious private students again. I think OneNote's sharability and flexibility makes for a great opportunity for students to keep a reflective practice journal where the instructor can simply write a reply back.

No comments:

Post a Comment